A strategic leadership opportunity not to be missed. If you are a visionary, dynamic, experienced senior Fundraising lead with a background in shaping strategies and driving innovation then this Executive role is for you.
Reporting to the CEO, this is your opportunity to join this high performing, national Fundraising team and take the lead in developing a new five-year Fundraising strategy which will shape and grow the future of the organisation.
- 12-month parental leave contract, executive role reporting to CEO
- Opportunity to shape new Fundraising strategy with a focus on driving innovation and new product development
- Wonderful culture, high performing teams, flexible hybrid working and a competitive leadership package
About the Organisation:
The National Breast Cancer Foundation is Australia’s leading national body funding life changing research with money raised entirely by the Australian public. In this role, you will play a pivotal role in supporting NBCF in their clear mission to stop deaths from breast cancer.
About the Role:
The Director of Fundraising and Development will be responsible for leading a large national team and a Fundraising portfolio that brings in c$40m annually. The Fundraising programme is diverse, and you will lead on areas to include Individual Giving, Philanthropy, Community Fundraising and Campaigns, Corporate Partnerships, Supporter Services, and the Data function.
- In cooperation with the CEO and senior leadership team, co-design and lead the development of a new five-year fundraising strategy to achieve agreed long-term organisational goals
- Contribute to the development and implementation of other strategic plans
- Lead the annual fundraising planning process to produce effective strategies to grow and achieve income targets across the range of revenue streams
- Research and identify industry trends in Australia and overseas to ensure NBCF is at the forefront of innovation
- Identify new potential income streams and produce strategies to access these funds
- Establish structure, processes, competencies and systems to ensure the fundraising department is fully equipped to accelerate growth, establish a diversified and sustainable income base
- Ensure all fundraising campaigns are in line with NBCF’s unique offering and improves the public’s understanding of the impact a donation to NBCF can make
- Work with internal stakeholders across the organisation to collaborate across programs to maximise results
- Manage fundraising income streams and identify proactive strategies to minimise risk
- Stakeholder management of key internal and external relationships
- Inspire and lead five direct reports to inspire the fundraising team to deliver innovative best practice fundraising program to achieve set targets
- Produce cost-effective budgets to support active strategic plans
- Oversee the development of annual budgets and oversee monthly income and expenditure across all fundraising budgets to ensure fundraising department is kept within budget
- Experience in Fundraising leadership
- Demonstrate track record of strategic Fundraising
- Successful, significant, and relevant achievement at a management level in a comparable organisation
- Experience of utilising the strength of an organisation brand for charity development
- Proven track record of meeting challenging income targets
- Proven ability to build, manage and develop key stakeholder, client, and donor relationships
- Experience of developing and implementing strategic and business plans
- Proven track record of fundraising that has directly resulted in increased income for an organisation
- Strong leadership skills
- Track record of bringing innovative creative thinking and fresh ideas to an organisation
- Knowledge of Fundraising environment and of a range of techniques and disciplines which will support generation of income for NBCF
- Exceptionally convincing and persuasive written and oral skills with the ability to present and convey complex ideas and issue clearly and coherently
- Highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously, take initiative and make decisions
Beaumont People has been contracted to recruit this role, therefore please direct all general enquiries to Nadia Pachon at Beaumont People on firstname.lastname@example.org
At Beaumont People we believe a diverse workplace is a happy workplace, and we love working with organisations that feel the same way. We encourage applications from people of all different backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from CALD backgrounds and people with disabilities. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital or parental status. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to be made for your application to be assessed we would be more than happy to discuss how that can be arranged.
To apply for this job please visit www.beaumontpeople.com.au.