- A chance to be a part of a remarkable and globally recognised conservation, education & animal management charity
- Take responsibility in leading a successful Direct Marketing program
- A chance to immerse yourself with the animals as you work at the iconic Taronga Zoo (hybrid working available) with fantastic employee benefits
About the Organisation:
As one of Sydney’s most iconic institutions, The Taronga Conservation Society Australia believe in a shared future for Wildlife and People. Taronga is working in partnership with wildlife conservation organisations and communities to develop ways to protect species and habitats.
The incredible team at The Taronga Conservation Society are seeking a new Direct Marketing Manager to come on board to lead the execution and growth of sustainable revenues streams through a multi-faceted direct marketing, donor development and online marketing program in line with Taronga’s vision and strategy.
With responsibility for high performing team members and a budget of $5M+ 22/23 ($30M over the next 5 years) the position reports to a warm and inspiring Head of Individual Giving and offers ample opportunities to develop new ideas, harness creativity and embrace innovation. This role has responsibility for four direct reports.
One of the many perks of working for this incredible brand is that you will work onsite at the iconic Taronga Zoo which offers the ultimate (and very rare) opportunity to be fully immersed with the animals every day. The opportunity speaks for itself .. I mean think about those lunch breaks!
- Develop and implement marketing strategies for acquiring new supporters through a variety of different media such as face to face, on-line, direct mail, telemarketing, recruiting a range of donors such as the Cash Supporters, Zoo Parents and Regular Givers
- Develop and implement strategies to maximise income from the bequest program, increasing the number and value of confirmed bequestors and building a strong bequest community
- Develop strategies to enhance the supporter journey and maximise the retention of existing supporters with the objective of increasing their lifetime values to the Society
- Managing the in-ground presence for the Taronga Foundation to drive contributions from donation boxes, zoo guidebook and other in-ground/face to face fundraising activities
- Maximise supporter relationships – Maintain excellence in supporter relationships to retain and increase value from supporters across the portfolio of products.
- Manage the associated budgets with the above areas, including the preparation of fundraising program budgets
- Manage, lead and develop a team to meet targets across all aspects of acquisition and retention of supporters across a range of areas and products including Cash Supporters, Zoo Parents and Regular Givers
Skills, Experience and Attributes:
- Extensive experience in direct marketing or fundraising, ideally in a similar role
- Proven experience in achieving revenue targets, preferably in the fundraising area, on time, within budget and within brand guidelines
- Proven experience delivering cost effective growth and reducing attrition rates
- A strong leader with excellent stakeholder and people management skills
- Possess a growth mind-set, continually seeking opportunities for improvement / optimisation
- A passion and interest for conservation and animal welfare
Taronga employees enjoy generous employment conditions including:
- Complimentary family and friends passes
- A wide range of discounts on our award winning accommodation
- Discounted food and beverage purchases across the site
- Reduced rates for other services including animal encounters
- To discover more about their benefits of working at Taronga, please visit the website at – https://taronga.org.au/work-at-taronga/benefits
Please apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on an immediate basis. Please direct all general enquiries to Kristina at Beaumont People on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 9093 4934.
Beaumont Not for Profit has been contracted to recruit this role. Beaumont NFP is a non-profit service specialising in delivering unparalleled permanent and temporary recruitment and consultancy solutions to the Not-for-profit sector on a Not-for-Profit basis.
At Beaumont People we believe a diverse workplace is a happy workplace, and we love working with organisations that feel the same way. We encourage applications from people of all different backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from CALD backgrounds and people with disabilities. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital or parental status. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to be made for your application to be assessed we would be more than happy to discuss how that can be arranged.
To apply for this job please visit www.beaumontpeople.com.au.